We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Who We Are
Insite Energy Limited (Insite) (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gathers and processes your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Insite Energy Limited’s registered office is at 8th Floor, Block 2, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road SE1 7NQ and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07073730 and act as the data controller and data processor for certain information. Our designated Privacy Officer can be contacted via the following methods;
Post: Privacy Officer, Insite Energy Limited, 8th Floor, Block 2, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road SE1 7NQ
Information That We Collect
Insite processes your personal information to meet its legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. Insite will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and will not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is:-
- Home Address
- Business Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Special Category Data (i.e. health/medical information, details about religion and gender diversity etc)
- Bank card details (to process payments)
We collect information in the below ways:-
- Online form
- Paper forms
- Excel and Word documents
- PDF Documents (Scans)
How Insite Uses Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Insite takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. Insite only retains your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to the Insite providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:-
- Much of Insite’s processing will be under the basis of “contractual obligation” in other words we need and use your personal information for providing the services you have requested or have contracted with us.
- Insite may also collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
- Insite may occasionally send you marketing information where it is assessed it would be beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests.
You have the right to access any personal information that Insite processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data the Insite holds about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long the Insite intends to store your personal data for
- If Insite did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that the Insite holds any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information. Insite will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us, to exercise your data portability rights and to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If Insite receives a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, it may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
Insite will not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Insite uses third-parties so that it can provide you with the various services and products that it offers. All processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from Insite and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Insite takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. It works hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and has programs in place to deploy several layers of security measures, including: –
- Encryption of devices taken away from the main building.
- Regular staff training.
- Anonymisation of sensitive data.
- Data retained for only as long as is necessary.
- We are certified by the Government’s “Cyber Essentials” scheme to help us avoid cyber-attacks and other IT related security risks.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Insite. However, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver your products/legitimate interests, Insite will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, Insite occasionally processes your personal information under the ‘legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, Insite will have carried out a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA) to ensure your interests have been considered and any risk posed to you against our own and that such interests are proportionate and appropriate.
Insite uses the legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing the type of data listed below and has identified our interests as detailed below;
- Email addresses and telephone numbers to communicate with individuals who raise an enquiry with Insite. Individuals would reasonably expect Insite to use their data for this purpose as, without it, Insite could not communicate with the individual regarding their enquiry.
- Use of email addresses to send newsletters and marketing material to members and other individuals who have recently interacted with Insite or used Insite’s services on the basis that these categories of individuals would reasonably expect to receive this type of material. Any individual is able to object to receiving such material through the use of the unsubscribe facility contained in each email communication.
- Processing of personal data on job applications Insite receives from time to time. This is to enable Insite to determine whether a candidate is appropriate for any employment position at Insite and to be able to contact the candidate for interview and offer of employment purposes. Job applications of unsuccessful applicants are stored for a minimal period before destruction or deletion from our records/ systems.
- Individual names of attendees at events organized by Insite or held at Insite’s premises are used to create a list of delegates. This is to enable name badges to be printed in advance, special dietary requirements to be noted and acted upon, enable all attendees to be aware of who is in attendance and also for safety purposes in the event of evacuation of the building.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Insite only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and has strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
For data provided to us by our clients, we are governed by their data retention rules as specified in their privacy notices.
In certain circumstances, we have a statutory obligation to keep your personal information for a set period of time for example financial information (normally 6-7 years) for financial auditing purposes.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data
Owing to the products or services that it offers, on rare occasions Insite will need to process sensitive personal information (known as special category data) from you. For example, if you are a resident, we may need to know if you are registered disabled, of pensionable age, deaf, blind or have another special need so that we are able to improve the way we communicate with you. Where we collect such information, we will only request and process the minimum necessary for the specified purpose and identify a compliant legal basis for doing so. Where we rely on your consent for processing special category data, we will obtain your explicit consent through a signature or other explicit mechanism. You can modify or withdraw consent at any time, which we will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate or legal reason for not doing so.
Lodging A Complaint
Insite processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Insite Energy Limited
8th Floor, Block 2, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road SE1 7NQ
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745